The Boil Water Notice remains in effect for the Agency Water System. Repairs are taking place on the Water Main Break near Shitike Creek this week and all users are urged to conserve water now through the weekend to allow reservoir tanks to fill. Water will be shut down on Saturday for the repair. If all goes well, water will be restored by the end of the day Saturday. Affected residences are reminded to shut off the power to your water heater when flow is shut down, until the water system is back up and running.
Because of Extreme Fire Danger conditions on the Warm Springs Reservation, a Burn Ban has been issued by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The Ban includes all weed burning, burn barrels, and burn bins. Outdoor camp fires are not allowed. If you have any questions contact Warm Springs Fire Management Prevention at 541-553-2413.
Warm Springs Tribal Government Offices are closed to the public through at least August 11th to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Employees who are not working and all Tribal Members are asked to stay at home to help flatten the curve.
Essential Tribal Services are operating. For contact information for programs – go to today’s community calendar online and click on “ESSENTIAL SERVICES”
- The Warm Springs Credit Enterprise drive through window and the ATM lobby is open Monday thru Friday 10am – 2pm. The drive thru is closed for the lunch hour.
- Warm Springs Housing Authority is open weekdays from 10am until 2pm during the current shutdown. They are allowing only one person in the lobby at a time.
- Warm Springs Victims of Crime Services can be reached through Warm Springs PD Dispatch at 541-553-1171. Call and request a VOCS call back.
Tribal Members are reminded that Friday is the last day to submit a Warm Springs CARES Act
Relief Application. You can find the form and details online at warm springs dash nsn dot gov. Click on the CARES Program Info Box
The Jefferson County Library’s Summer Reading Program theme this year is “Imagine Your Story” and let your imagination soar! Reading is a great summer pastime and if you keep track of the books you read – you qualify for prizes. Turn in your Reading Logs for the Grand Prize Drawings by August 28th.
The 509J school district Summer Meal Program for youth 1-18 years of age offers free, grab and go meals, on weekdays through the summer. Meal distribution takes place Monday thru Friday 9:30-10:30 at the Warm Springs K8. Delivery goes out to pick up points in outlying areas as well.
Over the next few weeks, more than 1 million Oregonians who used a debit card to buy gas at Oregon ARCO and AM/PM gas stations between January 2011, and August 2013, will receive a check in the mail for ninety four dollars and 42 cents ($94.42.) The checks are not a scam; they are a settlement from a class action lawsuit against BP. Learn more online at This Check Is Real dot org
Warm Springs Holistic Health reminds community members you that warming up before exercise is critical in reducing injury. Doing dynamic warm ups is a more active approach than traditional static stretching. To see what dynamic warm ups looks like, check out Warm Springs Holistic Health’s YouTube Channel.
To protect from spreading the COVID-19 virus:
- wash your hands frequently
- cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- wear a face mask or covering anytime you are in public
- practice social distancing by staying home
- stay at least six feet away from people not from your household
- keep kids home
For news and useful information with a local lens – KWSO is public media, serving listeners and those connecting online. Warm Springs Community Radio – on the air at 91.9 FM and online at kwso dot org.